The Buzz Buzz on Tiny Homes

This month the BC Tiny House Collective has catapulted into the homes of Canadians. On January 15, 2017, Frances Bula, a long-time... Read More

Toronto is Debunking Myth that Families Won’t Live in Condos

Author’s Note: I am writing a short series, “Cities for Families” to showcase how local governments, non-profits and developers... Read More

Parks as natural places for engagement across difference

Ahead of Park People’s first national city parks conference in Calgary this coming March 2017, Park People’s Jake Tobin Garrett caught... Read More

The truth and post-truth about Pride and Black Lives Matter Toronto

Guest post by Mariana Valverde and Akwasi Owusu-Bempah Toronto’s police force has long been known for its sophisticated... Read More

WWW: Rethinking affordable housing

Floating shipping containers as affordable housing A Copenhagen design firm has created new affordable housing units out of... Read More

LORINC: Be very wary of Canada’s Trump-lite politicians

What kinds of thoughts, I wonder, were skittering through the minds of Conservative leadership hopefuls Kellie Leitch and Kevin... Read More

Three Cities, Three Paths on Energy Engagement

In Stockholm, planners ponder how to ensure that deep energy retrofits take root in the diverse suburb of Järva, a district with... Read More

EVENT: Calling all city planners, designers and engineers to talk tiny houses in Metro Vancouver, January 24

The BC Tiny House Collective, a Vancouver-based community-driven organization advocating for the inclusion of tiny houses in our... Read More

Tiny house, anyone?

Had you asked me a couple years ago if my next project would focus on tiny houses, I would have scoffed at the thought. More so, I’d... Read More

WWW: Making art functional in cities around the world

Alleys to Art A neighborhood in Philadelphia has transformed a formerly derelict alleyway into a work of art by installing a glowing... Read More