Photos du jour: L’Église St-Michel du Mile End

Photo du jour – All the street’s a stage

Avenue Mont-Royal is becoming a pedestrian street this weekend for Nuit blanche sur tableau noir. I was struck this evening by how... Read More

Coups de coeur : Coups de casseroles

After months of escalating clashes, violence, and arrests, Montrealers have taken the nightly protest into their own neighbourhoods... Read More

Takers and Breakers of Public Space

#manifencours. The students are on the march again tonight, as they have been on the march every night for the past two weeks. This is... Read More

“Build it and they will come” : Alleyway Hockey Rink

Guest contribution by Michael O’Shea, reprinted from Parks and Excavation blog. Version française ici. Marcel L. of... Read More

Photo du Jour: Musée d’harcèlement

Intrigued by the signs posted outside this residential building on St-Antoine street in Westmount, I googled “Musée... Read More

Le goût de Montréal // Bouffe de rue : pour une approche systémique | Partie 2 – Plaidoyer et appel à tous

Vous n’avez pas lu la première partie de ce texte ? Cliquez ici. Vous y trouverez le contexte général de la cuisine de rue, autant... Read More

Le goût de Montréal // Bouffe de rue : pour une approche systémique | Partie 1 – Contexte et « adversaires »

Fish and chips, satay, curry, Laksa, Mee rebus, burritos, marrons chauds, poutine; tous des plats que j’aimerais bien déguster dans... Read More

A Taste for Montreal: Hot Dogs for Humanity

For three years I volunteered with Dans la Rue van, handing out hot dogs to Montreal’s homeless on Monday evenings. The first... Read More

A Taste for Montreal: How Santropol May Have Saved St-Urbain & Duluth

Garth Gilker moved in to the third floor of the triplex on the corner of Duluth and St-Urbain street around 1970. An anglo Gaspésien... Read More