Spacing Ottawa brings you a weekly roundup of urban affairs headlines from around the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Check back here on Fridays to catch up on what’s going on in the capital.
JANE’S WALKS THIS WEEKEND:
- Jane’s Walk: 50 ways to explore (Ottawa Citizen, May 2)
- Strandherd-Armstrong Bridge delayed until September, 2014 (Ottawa Citizen, May 2)
- Why not run light rail on Carling Avenue? (Ottawa Citizen, May 1)
- Group wants bike lanes to connect (CBC, April 30)
- LRT to create highway havoc (Ottawa Sun, April 28)
- Residents riled by secret Centretown design plan deal (EMC, May 2)
- Last-minute changes neuter notion of ‘landmark buildings’ in Centretown (Ottawa Citizen, May 1)
- City plans rezoning for Arts Court tower to fund redevelopment (Ottawa Citizen, May 1)
- Government conference centre: Ottawa’s ghost town (Ottawa Citizen, April 30)
- Group asking Market residents to support supervised injection site (Ottawa Sun, April 28)
- City to spend millions to speed up repairs on community housing (Ottawa Sun, April 28)
- Ottawa mayor extends egg roll bet to Montreal ahead of playoffs (CTV, April 30)
Photo by Mikey G.