Spacing Ottawa brings you a weekly roundup of urban affairs headlines from the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Check back here on Fridays to catch up on what’s going on in and around the capital.
- What’s open and closed in Ottawa on Victoria Day (Ottawa Citizen, May 16)
NEW INTERPROVINCIAL BRIDGE:
- Kettle Island seen as best interprovincial bridge option (CBC, May 14)
- Why people hate the Kettle Island bridge idea (Ottawa Citizen, May 15)
- East Ottawa councillors united against new bridge (Ottawa Sun, May 14)
PLAYOFFS & PUBLIC SPACES:
- Sens in playoffs a boon for downtown Ottawa pubs, restaurants (Ottawa Citizen, May 16)
- Sens fans can enjoy games on Sparks Street big screen (Ottawa Sun, May 14)
O-TRAIN CORRIDOR DEVELOPMENTS:
- NCC seeks teams to compete for bid to design Holocaust monument (Ottawa Citizen, May 16)
- City Centre complex “to get funkier” (Ottawa Sun, May 14)
- New Jewish centre, synagogue coming to Barrhaven (CTV News, May 12)
- OC Transpo must finalize station names, train design this summer (Ottawa Sun, May 15)
- Abandoned shopping cart crackdown targets urban wards (Ottawa Citizen, May 15)
Photo by Pearl Pirie.