Spacing Ottawa brings you a weekly roundup of urban affairs headlines from the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Check back here on Fridays to catch up on what’s going on in and around the capital.
- Posh Ottawa neighbourhood deporting squirrels across the border to Quebec (National Post, June 18)
- Barrhaven bridge delayed for the birds (Ottawa Sun, June 18)
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT:
- City’s own rules for Hintonburg count for little at City Hall (Ottawa Citizen, June 20)
- Deal would trade zoning change for parkland at Ottawa Tech site (Ottawa Citizen, June 20)
- City drops plan to push STO buss off Sussex onto residential street (Ottawa Citizen, June 19)
- Rockland’s Bouvier, Ottawa’s Carling among top 10 worst roads (Ottawa Sun, June 18)
- Ontario says no to Kettle Island bridge plan (Ottawa Sun, June 17)
WALKING & CYCLING:
- Overbrook–Sandy Hill river crossing plans revealed (EMC, June 20)
- Lowertown audit target cycling, walking (Ottawa Sun, June 18)
- Vanier way-finding project set to get started (EMC, June 20)
- Jim Watson and Naheed Nenshi: A tale of two mayors (Ottawa Citizen, June 19)
- Bytown in middle of pack for empty apartments (Ottawa Sun, June 20)
Photo by Pearl Pirie.