The Sixth Land Awards Gala
DATE: October 21, 2016
LOCATION: Rocky Mountaineer Station, Vancouver.
ADMISSION: Tickets are available on EventBrite at a cost of $175 each, plus taxes and fees. Each ticket includes entry to a cocktail reception, a three-course dinner with wine, and admission to the Land Awards after party.
The Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia has announced the finalists for its sixth Land Awards Gala, to be held on Oct 21st. The awards celebrate projects that demonstrate leadership, innovation and collaboration in sustainable land use in British Columbia and are chosen in three categories: private sector, non-profit sector and public sector.
The Land Awards Gala is one way the Foundation is able to connect with communities and organizations to share information on BC land use issues and to celebrate innovation, collaboration and leadership in the broader sector.
Private sector finalists:
- The Beer Farm – Persephone Brewing Company
- City of Coquitlam District Energy (heat and energy recovery technology) – Thermenex
- RED Talks – Wesgroup Properties
Public sector finalists:
- Indigenous Community Planning Program – UBC School of Community and Regional Planning (SCARP)
- Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Electoral Area B, District of Lillooet and St’át’imc Agricultural Plan
- User Network for Insect Biology in the Urban Garden (UNIBUG) (citizen science) – Douglas College
Non-profit sector finalists:
- Kwayatsut (affordable housing, youth resource centre) – Vancouver Native Housing Society
- Moving Towards Reconciliation (resources, capacity building for First Nations communities affected by resource development) – Fair Mining Collaborative
- The Post at 750 and CBC Vancouver Community Spaces – 110 Arts Co-operative and CBC Vancouver
- Rental Housing Index – BC Non-Profit Housing Association
The Land Awards, including the Land Champion award, will be presented at the Land Awards Gala, hosted
by the Real Estate Foundation of BC on Oct. 21, 2016 at the Rocky Mountaineer Station in Vancouver.
About the Real Estate Foundation of BC
The Real Estate Foundation of BC is a philanthropic organization that helps advance sustainable land use in British Columbia. It provides grants to non-profit organizations working to improve B.C. communities and natural environments through responsible and informed land use, conservation and real estate practices. Its funding programs support research, education, and law and policy reform. Since 1988, the Foundation has approved more than $74 million in grants. The Foundation also conducts research and special projects to support collaboration and knowledge-sharing around land use. Learn more at www.refbc.com.