HALIFAX – Has ecocide caused something you love to become a zombie? Join Ecology Action Centre (EAC) and make a statement about the environment on Friday the 13th for EAC’s Zombie Walk for the Environment.
The event has been advertised as a messy, costume-heavy parade.
WHAT: Zombie Walk for the Environment
WHEN: Today – Friday, May 13, 2011, 5:30pm
WHERE: Meet at Camp Hill Cemetery on Robie Street
HOW MUCH: Free
Ecology Action Centre (EAC) has noted that the tentative walking route for today’s Zombie Walk will proceed from Camp Hill Cemetery at Robie street through the cemetery and emerge on Summer Street; the Zombies will turn left walking towards Spring Garden Road then turn left on to Spring Garden and will walk down Spring Garden towards Barrington. From Barrington the group will turn left on Grafton, right on Blowers, left on Argyle to the final Zombie resting place – Parade Square.
EAC has also stipulated 6 general rules of play for today’s Zombie Walk:
1) Walk on sidewalks only – do NOT walk on the road;
2) Please keep your Zombie paws to yourself – do NOT touch anyone;
3) Do NOT try and scare people, especially children;
4) Please do NOT go into any places of businesses, while ‘Zombified’;
5) Please stick to the outline walk route – follow the Zombie leader;
6) Put all those consumed brains to work and use common sense!
Todays Zombie Walk for the Environment is one of EAC’s 40 days of action for 40 years which have been organized to celebrate the organizations 40th anniversary. With ‘action’ being their middle name, what better way to celebrate then through 40 days of action. An action a day has been taking place since April 22nd (Earth Day), with actions concluding on May 31st, 2011. Check out all of the events and learn how you can get involved here!
Photo by Jay Hendry.