SPACING pre-moderates comments on all blog posts, deletes all spam and track-backs, and never censors comments based on political or ideological point of view. SPACING only deletes those comments that:
- • are abusive (towards writer, commenter, or person featured in blog post)
- • contain ad-hominem attacks
- • promote hate of any kind
- • use excessively foul language
- • are blatantly spam or off-topic
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I posted a comment. Why can’t I see it on the site?
1. The volume of comments on the site has grown rapidly, and sometimes SPACING moderators may have trouble approving the comments fast enough for your liking. It should appear within an hour of being posted (or perhaps longer for comments posted between 11pm and 9am).
2. All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology. The spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect, and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (you can email SPACING if you believe this has happened to your comment).
Q. Why am I blocked from commenting on Spacing blogs?
There are a few scenarios in which a comment might be blocked:
1. Only on a few occasions has SPACING ever blocked a commenter. If a commenter has shown a pattern of posted comments that are abusive, used excessive foul language, or included ad hominem attacks, a moderator may decide to ban the commenter’s IP address and/or email address.
2. If a commenter shares a computer or IP address with someone who has written abusive comments, it could result in a comment being blocked even if the commenter has never posted anything abusive.