From the local blogs, here’s some recent items of possible interest…
- Images of Centretown posts about what was hoped to be the “last blast of winter” at the time.
- YOWLab’s Jeff Salmon and the Centretown BUZZ jointly provide a “lesson from Charlie Brown”, so to speak, on the subject of street art. Also in the BUZZ, Abe Greenspoon discusses matters of local food security.
- At the Ottawa Citizen, David Reevely unveils new figures on how much city services’ delivery costs, inside and outside the Greenbelt…and whether or not there’s a real difference.
- At West Side Action, Eric Darwin comments on the evolution of construction crane design, and the possible consequences of housing intensification.
- A blog recently brought to Spacing Ottawa’s attention: Mid-Century Modern Ottawa, devoted to the history of urban development in Ottawa in the mid-20th Century. A great deal of attention is paid to housing design during that timeframe for students of residential architecture history.