Spacing Ottawa brings you a weekly roundup of urban affairs headlines from the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Check back here on Fridays to catch up on what’s going on in and around the capital.
HOUSING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Ottawa among affordable centres (Ottawa Citizen, May 23)
- An uncommon difference at Ravenhill Common (Ottawa Citizen, May 23)
- Laneway houses: Plan a threat to heritage, New Edinburgh residents say (EMC, May 23)
- Targeted rezonings appease communities (EMC, May 23)
- Nine-storey Chinatown mixed-use proposal approved at committee (EMC, May 23)
- City pursuing million-dollar plan to move heritage Sussex homes ahead of widening (EMC, May 23)
- Connecting key to better cycling, annual report states (Ottawa Sun, May 23)
- Smog is back in Ottawa this spring (Ottawa Citizen, May 22)
- City replaces thousands of rotten ash trees (Ottawa Sun, May 23)
- Ottawa police race data collection to begin amid controversy (Ottawa Citizen, May 23)
Photo by Szilárd Gábor Fülöp.