Spacing Ottawa brings you a weekly roundup of urban affairs headlines from the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Check back here on Fridays to catch up on what’s going on in and around the capital.
WESTERN LRT EXTENSION:
- City changes western LRT plan after public outcry (CBC, June 13)
- NCC unsatisfied with City’s proposal to partially bury western LRT (Ottawa Citizen, June 13)
- LRT compromise costs City $80 million (Ottawa Sun, June 13)
OTHER TRANSIT NEWS:
- No electric bus fleet, Transpo brass says (Ottawa Sun, June 12)
- Transit an issue for proposed casino (Ottawa Sun, June 10)
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT:
- Future begins to take shape in Mechanicsville; Residents gather to discuss CDP (EMC, June 13)
- Remaking Somerset Street’s skyline (Ottawa Business Journal, June 11)
- ‘Complete street’ plan for Main Street lacks complete support (Ottawa Citizen, June 10)
- Delays for canal footbridge? Residents submits complaint to province about blocked views (EMC, June 13)
- Centretown subsidized housing project among finalists for World Habitat Award (EMC, June 13)
Photo by Pearl Pirie.