Registration closes November 15th
Cost: FREE. Register at Eventbrite!
It’s time to explore a more coordinated approach to gentle-density housing in BC neighbourhoods.
On November 22, Small Housing will gather municipal planners and elected officials from around the province to Vancouver for the Gentle Density Local Leaders’ Summit to build momentum for more housing options in our single-family neighbourhoods.
Participants will have the opportunity to connect, collaborate, and contribute to shaping policy, and identifying gaps and emerging practices experienced by leaders who are committed to creating attainable housing for all British Columbians. No more struggling in silos: it’s time to create a community to advance this work.
The Summit provides ample opportunities for both learning and sharing. The action-packed agenda includes active sharing and collaborative workshops, success stories from across Cascadia, a neighbourhood tour of gentle density projects in Vancouver, and a reception to build connections and reinforce relationships.
November 22 Program
Day Program: 9:00 am to 4:30 PM
SFU Harbour Centre, Vancouver, BC
For Municipal Planners & related staff.
- What BC local governments are doing on gentle density (results from province-wide survey)
- Spotlight on three BC municipalities leading the way on gentle density initiatives
- Case studies and leading practices from outside of BC on:
- Public engagement
- How local governments responded to statewide legislation in CA and OR
- Business case for gentle density housing
- Supporting staff capacity
- Webtool demonstration – one stop shop for gentle density resources
- Crowd-sourced solutions to address key gentle density challenges
Evening Program & Reception: 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Vancouver, BC
For elected officials, Municipal Planners & related staff
- Connect with speakers from Oregon and California
- Reception, connections, great food & good vibes
November 23 Program
Optional Neighbourhood Tour – 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Explore gentle density projects in Vancouver neighbourhoods
(optional; available to all Summit participants, until capacity is reached)
To date, we have registrations from all points around the province, including the North Coast, Okanagan, Southern Vancouver Island, and Lower Mainland.
Register now to ensure your community is represented in these ground-breaking conversations.
**To facilitate gathering a balanced representation of voices around the table, Small Housing is pleased to offer travel subsidies, with priority given to members of equity-deserving groups and delegates from remote and under-resourced communities.