The Sky Issue
Look up — it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s…. the sky. The most public space in a city is the space above of our heads, yet we rarely think of it in such a way. In the cover section of the Spring 2015 issue of Spacing, our contributors explore a variety of topics, such as:
• How GPS satellites have changed how we move around cities
• Why police forces are deploying drones during protests and accidents
• What can be done to reduce light pollution
• How much it costs to advertise in the sky
• The history of UFO sightings over Toronto
• Where the best plane spotting spots are located
• and many more articles….
You can also find articles on fake houses that contain neighbourhood electricity infrastructure, the “Little Free Libraries” movement, the need to have more engaging public art, why residents should take up “stay-cation” tourism in the city, and the value in nicknaming a city’s buildings.