In this episode of Spacing Radio we explore the topic of elimination – eliminating jogs, reducing unsustainable quick fixes, and phasing out cash fares.
Spacing contributor Andrew Walsh tours Toronto’s newly re-aligned Queen & Dufferin intersection with Councillor Gord Perks to find out how ‘jogs’ play into a city’s street grid. Spacing Atlantic’s Veronica Simmonds takes us to Dalhousie University for a discussion on sustainable growth featuring David Donnelly and Bruce Lourie. And, Spacing’s Luca de Franco looks into the future of the Presto electronic fare-card system with executive director Ernie Wallace.
Links to stuff from Spacing Radio 027:
- The Dufferin Jog in the news: Blog TO and The Globe & Mail
- Spacing Atlantic dispatch: Green Development and Growth Go Together – hosted by the Ecology Action Centre
- Five-year review of Halifax Regional Municipal Planning Strategy
- Presto in the news: The Globe & Mail and The Toronto Star
- Our musical guest is The Guest Bedroom: blog and MySpace page