WHAT: Urbanism Road Trip: Detroit
WHEN: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 26-28, 2014
WHERE: Detroit, Michigan (departing from Toronto)
COST: $220 (does not include hotel room or meals)
BUY: Purchase your ticket on the Spacing Store web site
We are once again inviting our readers to join us on three-day, two-night road trip to the Motor City!
There have been a lot of negative news stories about Detroit, which sadly undermines all of the unique and resilient work that is taking place in the city. Spacing has teamed up with Cities For People to bring you a series of dynamic urbanism tours over a weekend that will open your eyes to the positive changes that are under way.
This trip is different than previous tours: we leave on Friday afternoon in order to take part in the Detroit Design Festival and Dlectricity, Detroit’s version of Nuit Blanche (happening on Saturday and Sunday nights).
The Detroit Urbanism Road Trip will include tours of:
- EASTERN MARKET: Lunch in Eastern Market & surrounding area.
- URBAN DESIGN TOUR: A walking tour through downtown focused on skyscrapers and urban design.
- URBAN AGRICULTURE/INNOVATION: Will explore urban farms, workshops, and maker’s spaces in Corktown.
- HEIDELBERG PROJECT: A private tour of the amazing Heidelberg Project and a talk with the artist Tyree Guyton.
- BUS TOUR: A ride through neighbourhoods in transition.
- DETROIT DESIGN FEST: The annual and sprawling design festival has multiple events throughout the weekend.
- DLECTRICITY: Detroit’s version of Nuit Blanche spans two nights: We take you to the cool events.
- DINNER AT RINO’S KITCHEN: On Sunday night, we take you to dinner at this Windsor institution (included in ticket price, drinks not included).
- GUIDE BOOK: Receive a free copy of the Wildsam Filed Guide to Detroit.
The cost of a ticket includes bus fare, tour guides, bridge and road tolls. Itinerary is subject to change without notice. Hotel room (see below) and meals are a separate cost (except for Rino’s Kitchen on Sunday night).
We will board the bus on Friday afternoon (Sept. 26) at 1pm and arrive in Detroit by 6pm. We will meet at CSI Annex (720 Bathurst St, just south of Bloor) at 12:30pm to go over details and take attendance.
For information on hotel bookings, documentation, and cancellation policy please refer to the ticket’s web page on the Spacing Store site.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions: email@example.com
The Urbanism Road Trip series is supported by Cities For People.
Travel Agent – Jonathan Lim
YTB Travel of Canada
TICO REGISTRATION # 50015546