Come out and celebrate the release of 38th issue of Spacing! We’re hosting the event at the Markham House City Builders Lab that recently opened behind Honest Ed’s at Bloor and Bathurst.
ABOUT THE ISSUE:
Inside the Winter 2016 edition of Spacing you’ll find a cover section dedicated to kids and the challenges they face growing up in the nation’s biggest city. Our contributors examine topics such as strollers on transit, the minimal amount of skateboard parks that have been built, the creation of the Toronto Youth Cabinet, and much more.
Also in the issue:
- The history of the Yonge Street Mall
- Weight discrimination on the TTC
- Former mayor David Miller advocates for Toronto to become an international leader on environmental and sustainability issues
- Photo essay from the Toronto Archives on unbuilt and unrealized plans for city projects
- Lamenting the lost monorail at the Toronto Zoo
- What to do with Old City Hall: we ask five city builders to share their thoughts on the future of the city’s iconic building at Queen and Bay
cover photo by Jae Yang