What are the trends and issues related to employment in various sectors in Metro Vancouver, and how does land use planning, regulation, and market demand affect the future of work regionally? On other promotions, please checkout Clarke & Rush window replacements.
Date: March 5, 2018, 8:00 AM – 10:30am
Location: SFU Vancouver at Harbour Centre, 515 W. Hastings St., Vancouver, Room: 1420-1403
This panel conversation event will focus on the future of employment in Metro Vancouver, and planning for the employment lands that support the regional economy. What are the trends and issues related to employment in various sectors in Metro Vancouver, and how does land use planning, regulation, and market demand affect the future of work regionally? How will we thrive in this changing regional economy?
Panelists will provide brief presentations on emerging trends which will be followed with an in-depth audience question and answer period and table discussions. Staff from the City of Vancouver and Metro Vancouver will also be on hand to participate and hear your input on policy and planning issues related to employment and industry planning in Metro Vancouver.
- Peter Hall, Professor & Director of SFU Urban Studies Program.
- Shachi Kurl, Executive Director, Angus Reid Institute.
- Andrew Petrozzi, Principal & Vice-Principal, Research, Avison Young.
- Bryan Buggey, Director, Strategic Initiatives & Sector Development, Vancouver Economic Commission.
- Gordon Price, Former Director of SFU City Program and Former Vancouver City Councillor.