Co-Produced by PATTISON Onestop and Spacing
Do you love your city? Or perhaps your feelings are more complex? True love or tough love, if you can fit it into 140 characters, we want to share it with the rest of Canada this summer in the 2nd annual Dear City Canada public art project. Your voice matters — join other city-lovers in a public dialogue about the issues affecting our daily lives in the cities we inhabit.
Tweet a love letter to your city using @DearCityCanada by June 30th to take part
Start your tweet by indicating your city. For example “@DearCityCanada Dear [name of your city] …”
Dear City Canada runs July 14 – August 10, 2014 in the following venues:
- PATTISON Outdoor digital billboards in 9 cities across Canada: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax.
- Screens in 190 office buildings across the country and in 700 residential buildings in Ontario and BC.
- Screens in over 300 shopping malls across Canada.
- Toronto and Edmonton letters will also be displayed on PATTISON Onestop transit screens in these cities.
- Screens in the Calgary International Airport
- And of course letters will be retweeted via the @DearCityCanada account.
The DEADLINE for tweeting your DEAR CITY CANADA urban love letter is JUNE 30TH, 2014.
Only letters to the digital billboard location cities will have a chance of being seen in those cities. Other Dear City letters will have the opportunity to be seen in malls, office building and residences across Canada. Due to Quebec French language laws, letters to Quebec cities must be in French.
* DISCLAIMER: We can’t include letters that violate the Canadian human rights act, are libelous or slanderous, give out personal information, or include profanity.
Dear City Canada is part of Art in Transit, PATTISON Onestop’s ongoing arts and culture programme, presenting thought-provoking projects that enhance our shared environment and transport city-dwellers, if only momentarily, out of our daily routines. www.artintransit.ca